Firefox + KDE apps

Stratos Laspas stratos at laspas.gr
Fri Jul 21 14:46:57 UTC 2006

Carlos Barros wrote:
> HI! Sometime I was googling about Firefox+KPDF and found out that it is
> possible to integrate kpdf with firefox. I noticed that firefox can be
> integrated with any KDEapp like kaffeine.. Today I have a kaffeine
> laucher plugin that works fine, but I'd
> like to have make kpdf works if firefox.. Here is a screenshot I've seen:
>
> http://www.ludos.org/portal/node/125
>
> anyone here know how to do that?
>
> regards
> Carlos Barros

I found this, maybe it helps
(from http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Integrate_Firefox_with_KDE)

    * KPrinter

You have to write *about:config* in the adress bar and change here the
*print.printer_PostScript/default.print_command* to *kprinter --stdin*.
For KPrinter to work, you have to choose *Postscript/default* (leaving
"Print to file" unchecked) and then click the Print button. At this
point you will get the KPrinter dialog and be able to print to pdf,
postscript, etc, and of course to the real printers.
It is possible to suppress the print dialog so that it looks like it's
printing seamlessly via KPrinter by setting the boolean
*print.always_print_silent* to *true* in *about:config*. If this option
is missing, simply add it.

/print.printer_PostScript/Default.print_command/   /*kprinter --stdin*/
/print.always_print_silent/                        /*true*/

    * Default papersize to A4

Still in *about:config*, set these values:

/print.printer_PostScript/Default.print_paper_height/  /*297,00*/
/print.printer_PostScript/Default.print_paper_name/    /*A4*/
/print.printer_PostScript/Default.print_paper_width/   /*210,00
*/

Regards,

Stratos