PGP in Kmail

Scott Kitterman kubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Jul 14 03:39:36 UTC 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 07:34, Richard E. Barmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 July 2006 10:40 pm, Scott Kitterman wrote:

I think I owe you an apology.  I think, upon doing a little more
investigation, that Kleopatra is only relevant to S/MIME and not PGP.  Sorry.

I looked at the Kmail manual included with Dapper and it includes a lot of
good information on PGP.  I suspect that the relevent quote is likely to be:

"KMail will not encrypt messages with an untrusted (unsigned) public key: if
you want to encrypt to such a key you should check the identity of the key
owner and only then sign the key with your secret key; if you do not want to
or cannot check the identity of the key owner but nevertheless want to
encrypt the message then please sign the key locally with gpg --lsign keyID."

Scott K