laptop-mode disabled in kernel?

Mitch Thompson mitchthompson at satx.rr.com
Wed Jul 12 20:08:24 UTC 2006

Joan Tur wrote:

>Es Dimarts, 11 de Juliol de 2006 00:12, en marc va escriure:
>| In Dapper, my laptop fan never turns off after the first few minutes. It
>| is always on. Whereas, in Windows, it rarely comes on. I'm pretty sure
>| that this is because the disk never spins down.
>Are you sure your cpu is scaling fine (*)?  Paste the output of the following
>command:
>
>sudo cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
>
>(*) if you've got more than one cpu (centrino duo for instance), then you have
>to run:
>sudo cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state

Thanks for pointing this out. I haven't spent much time tooling around
/sys. Lots of interesting stuff there. Reminds me of when I discovered I
could cat most anything in /proc.

--
"To sit home, read one's favorite paper, and scoff at the misdeeds of
the men who do things is easy, but it is markedly ineffective. It is