good CD ripper for Kubuntu...

Ron ron_lisa1130 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 12 15:50:37 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 5:41 am, guido dom wrote:
> try SOUNDCONVERTER

Here is where I am at now.  Installed Soundconverter but it will not even
start.  Shows the bouncing icon but then nothing.

> On 7/12/06, Caio Romão <caioromao at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well... if you don't like the CLI, you may try konqueror's built-in
> > "ripper".
> >
> > Just type:
> >
> > audiocd:/
> >
> > at konqueror's location bar. It should take care of CDDB lookup. Now
> > you only need to drag the correct folder to anywhere you want. (You
> > probably want the MP3 folder)

Konqueror seems to work, but it takes FOREVER to rip 1 CD.  It took 5 minutes
to rip 1 TRACK.  Now it is stalled in the middle of the second track.  The CD
is fine.  It rips great in Windows :(

> > sds,

> > my CDs
> >
> > > K3B also does CD ripping. Click on the drive, then select the songs.
> > > You need to set up the paths to the encoders in the settings. Once you
> > > figure it out I've found it works nicely. It has CDDB lookup, and
> > > creates playlists, afaik.
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > >
> > > Marcus

K3B  produces an error that says it was not able to make the directory and
goes no further.  This is getting really frustrating.  Who knew it would be
so hard to rip a CD :)