Data recovery, an ext2/3 advantage? (was: laptop-mode disabled in kernel?)

Marcus lists at wordit.com
Wed Jul 12 10:45:16 UTC 2006

Wednesday, July 12, 2006, 10:13:07 AM, you wrote:
O.> EXT2 partition for combined /home and My Documents

I discovered a possible advantage to ext2 (ext3?), not only on laptops. There is a free data recovery tool called R-Linux. The 1.0 Linux version is free, whereas the Windows version costs money.

Are there (cost) free tools to recover Reiserfs?
"Testdisk" is a good recovery tool, but I cannot remember which FS it supports.

You can read ext2/3 from Windows. Are there drivers for other FS?

Marcus