laptop-mode disabled in kernel?

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 10:42:23 UTC 2006

James,
you certainly gave me something to think about. Am planning to convert an XP
laptop to dualboot XP/Kubuntu with a mutual data-partition my
documents/home. And I had planned to do the data partition Ext3 and use an
EXT2IFS to get XP to read the partition instead of fiddling with having
Kubuntu mount NTFS rw correctly. And no, I do not want to make it FAT32
thank you.

But if that means that the laptops battery life gets seriously affected (and
it should if the disk never stops) then I have to think of another way. Is
there no way of disabling this and does the "laptop-mode" not correct this
problem?

Sinclair