Compiling C in KDE

Marcus lists at wordit.com
Mon Jul 10 23:21:15 UTC 2006

Tuesday, July 11, 2006, 12:19:46 AM, you wrote:
> I can't believe that for one stupid
Dotan> program I have to give up on Kubuntu.
Dotan> Please, if anybody knows of an IDE that runs on linux, let me know!

How about using "Kate"? This editor has code folding etc, AND a built in console. I think you can even compile and run your apps from a menu. Kate has plugins too. Kate may well do what you want.

For a real IDE, how about these, I've not used them myself. The first is Open Source:

http://www.thekompany.com/projects/kdestudio/

The new version is commercial, but price starts at $24.95.

http://www.thekompany.com/products/ksg/

For what you are doing, I think John is right about the makefiles, together with a groovy editor like Kate. That's what I did when I briefly played with some C/C++ code.

Marcus