Dapper upgrade from Breezy (continued)

Sam Przyswa samp at arial-concept.com
Sun Jul 9 01:49:54 UTC 2006

Scott Pettigrew a écrit :

> Make sure your xorg.conf settings are correct.  Specifically, check
> the default bits per pixel, and modify the configuration file settings
> to remove "1280x1024" and any other non-desirable settings.  Then (I
> THINK) your kdm will behave properly.

I ran "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" to make my own xorg.conf setting
with only one size 1280x800 and it seems good, now when I run the
display setup it's with the "Plug 'n' Play" screen.

Thanks.

But the second problem I can't modify the desktop setting for the root
account, no problems for users account !?

Sam.

> On 7/8/06, Sam Przyswa <samp at arial-concept.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I upgraded my breezy to dapper by changing all breezy occurrences with
>> dapper in my sources.list, then apt-get update and upgrade, I had
>> several problems but after rebooting with the rescue option in grub I
>> succeed to upgrade...
>>
>> Other problem with the I810 driver the display configuration doesn't
>> work, I tried to modify on my laptop "Display controller: Intel
>> Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device (rev 02)" 16:9 it
>> back me in 800/600 default and my second screen is unable to configure.
>>
>> I have to configure it in 1280x1024 to got the 1280x800 (16:9) to got my
>> right display, but when I quit the session the login panel is in
>> 1280x1024 !?
>>

>> Sam.
>>

>> --
>> Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner
>> pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de
>> suspect n'a été trouvé.
>>

>> --

Sam Przyswa - Chef de projet
Arial Concept - Intégrateur Internet
36, rue de Turin - 75008 - Paris - France
Tel: 01 40 54 86 04 - 0870 444 596 - Fax: 01 40 54 83 01
Skype ID: arial-concept
Web: http://www.arial-concept.com - Email: Info at arial-concept.com