"pon dsl-provider" as a regular user?

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Sat Jul 8 20:20:29 UTC 2006

I tried giving some privileges to myself and my wife. It does not seem to work
for me - sudo still requires my password. Is there anything wrong with my
entry (my user name is dg)? Or is it a problem that my user is also in admin
group, having full admin and sudo rights, and it overrides the entry with
nopassw option to "dg"?

Donatas

==================
# /etc/sudoers
#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# See the man page for details on how to write a sudoers file.
# Host alias specification

# User alias specification

# Cmnd alias specification
## added by me
Cmnd_Alias     ELEMENTARY = /usr/bin/pon, /usr/bin/poff, \
                            /sbin/halt, /sbin/reboot
## /added by me

# Defaults

Defaults        !lecture,tty_tickets,!fqdn

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL
## added by me
dg     ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ELEMENTARY
sim     ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ELEMENTARY
## /added by me
# Members of the admin group may gain root privileges
%admin ALL=(ALL) ALL