Sendmail - need help - boot - filesystem readonly

Scott Kitterman kubuntu at kitterman.com
Sat Jul 8 16:16:37 UTC 2006

On Saturday 08 July 2006 12:08, Alexander Peters wrote:
> >> No, i installed it today with scalix. thats the first time that i
> >> install sendmail
> >>

> > Then you probably need to talk to the people at scalix.
> >

> Thats not so right, i installed scalix and sendmail, because scalix
> works with sendmail.
> why shoudt i talk with scalix people.

Perhaps I misunderstood.  When you said you installed it with Scalix, I
understood that to mean the installing Sendmail was part of installing
Scalix.  If so, then if you are installing Sendmail as part of a proprietary
system, you ought to deal with the vendor for that system.  There is no way
that we can know what they've done that might cause problems or change system
configurations.

If you installed Sendmail separately, then nevermind.

What did you do to install Sendmail?  Was is sudo apt-get install sendmail?

Did you look at the permissions for those files yet?

Scott K