Problem finding libs

Caisa Persdotter caisa at gender-outlaw.com
Sat Jul 8 16:01:31 UTC 2006

I started using kubuntu as my main linux installation a few weeks back.
Previously I had suse as my main distro since about suse6.

On the whole I'm satisfied with kubuntu but I'm having problem with the
system not finding lib files. For example when i try to run googleearth
i get this message:

googleearth-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libXcursor.so.1:

The same with Skype

I know they are there but how do I make the system find them?