Mass convert MP3 to Ogg

Dana J. Laude kc9aae at bresnan.net
Sat Jul 8 02:04:43 UTC 2006

On Thursday 06 July 2006 21:21, Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     amaroK seem to crash after playing 2 to 3 Mp3 or .wma files, so I
> want to convert my collection to Ogg.  amaroK seems to be more
> dependable with ogg.  So, to do this I will need to convert all my
> music.  Does anyone know a good way to do this?

I normally use KAudioCreater for ripping from my Cd's to Ogg format.
For converting over mpg to Ogg I use Audacity, although it would be
rather slow for doing a large music collection.

I find that using kb3 to copy the original CD, (copy used in vehicle ..
just in case of theft) and then I rip everything to OGG format on
the computer works good.  Plus I backup everything to DVD of course. ;)

Dana