Amarok problems - No sound and then Playlist Finished -

Joseph mangg at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 23:28:13 UTC 2006

Hello Everyone,

 I am having some big issues with Amarok and I have read all the docs and done exactly as was said in the Wiki and the help pages but am still having the same problem. I am running Kubuntu 606 with Amarok 1.39 with the libxine and w32 codecs installed. Also I am patched and updated as of today. I have it set to xine engine with the plugin set to auto.

 I have followed the instructions here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats and have the libxine and w32 codecs installed.

 In amarok when I open a file it just says PLAYLIST FINISHED and that is it. It never plays a file. All other players VLC/Codeine/etc. work just fine and have no issue with mp3/ogg.

More details-->

lsmod |grep snd

snd_atiixp             19724  4
snd_pcm_oss            53664  0
snd_mixer_oss          18688  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_atiixp_modem       16136  1
snd_ac97_codec         92704  2 snd_atiixp,snd_atiixp_modem
snd_ac97_bus            2304  1 snd_ac97_codec
snd_pcm                89864  5 snd_atiixp,snd_pcm_oss,snd_atiixp_modem,snd_ac97_codec
snd_timer              25220  2 snd_pcm
snd                    55268  15 snd_atiixp,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_atiixp_modem,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore              10208  1 snd
snd_page_alloc         10632  3 snd_atiixp,snd_atiixp_modem,snd_pcm

Also when I try to open up amarok from the console I get -->
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
amaroK: [Loader] Starting amarokapp..
amaroK: [Loader] Don't run gdb, valgrind, etc. against this binary! Use amarokapp.
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
kbuildsycoca running...
QLayout: Adding KToolBar/mainToolBar (child of QVBox/unnamed) to layout for PlaylistWindow/PlaylistWindow
ScimInputContextPlugin()

 Any help is appreciated. =)