v6.06 CD installation problems

Scott Pettigrew scottkuma+kubuntu-users at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 12:32:54 UTC 2006

I completely agree with Marc's assessment of the live CD installation process.

One of the assumptions made was that network cards would be set up
from within the livecd's environment.  I did a number of trial
installations onto my laptop, only to experience the problems that
Marc laid out:  edited sources.list file, cryptic messages about
scanning the mirrors, etc.  A simple warning at the START of the
installation to set up networking in the LiveCD environment would have
sufficed; however, a better solution would be to detect the absence of
networking and stepped the user through network setup!

Once the network was set up in the LiveCD environment, I had NO problems.

Scott