Slowiness when booting up

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Fri Jul 7 11:25:08 UTC 2006

Hello,
When I boot my computer it stops for about a minute or two saying "Mounting
root filesystem" in the pretty Kubuntu bootsplash, at first I was scared, but
now I just wait, puzzled.
When I boot in rescue mode (selecting in grub) I can see more messages and now
I see that it stops for about a minute or so on this line:

ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:1f.2[B] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 169

Now, for more information, this in an IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad T60. Looking at the
lspci, I've found the related code:

0000:00:1f.2 0106: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA
Storage Controllers cc=AHCI (rev 02)

so, it is related to the SATA controller ?
Any ideas or hints of how to solve them are welcome.
Thank you.
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)