KUBUNTU CD download

Lord Sauron lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 00:41:37 UTC 2006

On 7/3/06, David A' Rebel <obsidion at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 July 2006 10:26, William Pierce wrote:
> > Hello Group
> >
> > I downloaded the Kubuntu CD for i386 a few days ago.
>
>   How big is the iso ?

Try downloading it and find out.

> > When I tried to burn it to a CD it showed over 4GB in size instead of
> > the usual 650+MB.  Upon looking at the various folders I noticed to
> > large files of 650MB+.  It looks like either the file was mislabled of
> > someone pt an extra file in the "casper" folder.
>
>  How did you try to burn it to cd ie did you burn image ?

It comes as an ISO image.  That image is a literal snapshot of a
physical CD, generated by Linux for installation.  You use a CD
burning program to write it to a blank physical CD.

> > Has anyone else encountered this?  And wher do I find the correct
> > Kubuntu CD file to download?
>
>   It does sound like you downloaded a dvd iso instead though.

Yes, my first thought was that you accidentally downloaded the DVD.
If you have a DVD burner, the DVD is perfectly fine, so long as the
machine you want to install on has a DVD reader (I burnt a Debian DVD,
then realized my server doesn't have a DVD reader : (

--
GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+