Kwallet not cooperating with Kmail

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 21:38:10 UTC 2006

On 03/07/06, Andreas Ruppen <andreas.ruppen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I repost the message that is posted 2 days ago in a similar thread on this
> forum:
> [quote]
> If not all of your accounts are present you can add an account by
> left-clicking on "Password" and select "Add new entry"
>
> Then you do a
> rua at matrix:~$ less .kde/share/config/kmailrc
> and search for the account that does not save its password. Each account has
> a field named Id. The value of this fiel will be the name for the new
> kwallet-entry. Once the entry created you can click on the entry and then
> add a value (the password). Save all, restart kmail and it should working.
> [/quote]

Thanks. I didn't find that while STFA. Must be too new for google.

In any case, I used the value account-xxx where xxx is the value found
after ID= in the file you specify. As there was one entry that _does_
stay, I could verify that this is the correct way to do it. After
entering the password, I click Save. However, when I open Kmail, I am
_still_ prompted for a password. And although I didn't close the
Kwallet window, the entry disappears! Completely reproducible, I did
it four times.

Why are the entries disappearing?

Dotan Cohen
http://ie-only.com