Problems with torrents in Kubuntu.

Roger Haxton rhaxton at swbell.net
Sun Jul 2 12:49:31 UTC 2006

On Saturday 01 July 2006 23:40, Rod Lovett wrote:
> 2) Azureus installs and gives an icon, appears to start but disappears,
> both after apt-get and package manager installs.

I ran into the same problem with Azureus from the repos.  But, for me the
downloaded version from sourceforge did no better.  That is until I
discovered that I wasn't actually using the sun java that I had also
installed from the repos by doing a sudo update-alternatives --config java.
Once I changed to the correct java, both versions of Azureus work
beautifully.
HTH,

--
~R~