Thinkpad

Török Árpád torar at freemail.hu
Mon Jan 30 18:17:13 GMT 2006

I see that anI BM Thinkpad-user is on-line, so I would like to rise my
stupid question. (I have not too much practice in Linux, so may be it is
not a Kubunu related issue.)

I am trying to start the sound system under Kubuntu. I have read, that
before seting up any Thinkpad programmes, like configure-thinkpad,
thinkpad_b, tpb, tpctl or tp_smapi, I have to start a module named
nvram. I have checked the whole system and found no trace to nvram among
the modules available. Searching on on the net nvram, it gives no clue.

What to do? I have to apt-get something? An older kernel woud do? (2.2,
2.4 has this modul, or what?)

Arpad Torok