Some help needed

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Fri Jan 27 11:01:21 UTC 2006

Hi

I bought a new Dell laptop last week and installed kubuntu 5.10 and did an
upgrade to the KDE 3.5. Everything went fine. I then copied over the main
parts of my home dir (from kubuntu 5.10 also) and started working. SOme
things are not working as they did on my previous PC and they are very
important for me:

1. Previously I had ksvn integration in Konqueror which worked great. On the
current PC hsvn is installed, the menu pops up, but I cannot get acces to the
repositories. SHould I perhaps perform a check out on this PC before being
able to update?

2. In konqueror I also found out only very recently that the svn+ssh protocol
gives you access to the SVN server repos directly. Handy for moving files
e.g. When I enter the svn+ssh in konquerors location bar, it switches to the
locate protocol. I tried enabling the protocol via "Configure | Previews &
Meta Data", but neither svn or ssh protocols are listed. I think I had that
on the previous PC.

3. When kmail starts up I have to enter the password for the kwallet. Is it
not possible to have kmail access the kwallet without prompting for a
password?

4. My sync via kpilot with Palm Zire 72 syncs only about 95% of the
appointments. No error is reported but not everything is sunced. Any ideas.

5. VLC is unable to play *.wmv files, which codes should i install and where
can i find it?

6. Is there a download button in Konqueror for easy downloading several links
on a URL?

Tx/Alain
Alain Muls                                               Tel +32.2.7376340
Royal Military Academy                          Fax +32.2.7376341
Dep CISS-ASGE                                 alain.muls at telenet.be