automatix-kubuntu-x.x-x_i386.deb

C Hamel yogich at sc2000.net
Wed Jan 25 15:09:40 UTC 2006

> Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:46:31 -0500
> From: Merv Curley <mcurley at eol.ca>
> Subject: Re: automatix-kubuntu-x.x-x_i386.deb
> To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> On Tuesday 24 January 2006 14:58, C Hamel wrote:
> > I can find this pkg nowhere on the net.  There are a couple blogs
> > and several threads all talking and raving about this app ...but
> > where the devil is it, if it's that good!?  The apps I need are not
> > included w/ubunto or kubuntu or via apt, either, for that matter.
> >
> The standard way to install packages using a Debian based distro is
> with a group of programs under the APT banner.  There are graphical
> front ends for this, one of which is synaptic.  One of the things
> synaptic allows is to change the repositories where the packages are
> stored.  If you haven't done this yet, most of the things you want
> are in the 'universe' and 'multiverse' repositories.
>
> Is this too basic or do you need more help?  To save time go to the
> Kubuntu forum and there are many threads on updating the file that
> holds the listing of repositories.  If you prefer this list, then ask
> for the next step.
>
> Merv
>
> --
> Merv Curley
> Toronto, Ont.Can
>
> Linux    Suse 10
> KDE    v. 3.4.2
> Kontact  v. 1.1.2

I am very well acquainted with APT.  Thanks. :-)  (I ran SuSE  for a couple
years.)  Speaking of which, I did not mention that I attempted to install
several pkgs --only after going to the web site specified in
Ste-boilerhouse's post-- and was met with failure on each & every pkg.  The
sources list had scads of depositories listed & it seems to me that one of
the many pkgs I entered (apt-get install [filename]) would have d/l rather
than giving me apt's equivalent of 'not found'.  :-\  Hm.

...CH

This message was scanned for Spam and Viruses by Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall