automatix-kubuntu-x.x-x_i386.deb

Merv Curley mcurley at eol.ca
Tue Jan 24 20:46:31 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 14:58, C Hamel wrote:
> I can find this pkg nowhere on the net.  There are a couple blogs
> and several threads all talking and raving about this app ...but
> where the devil is it, if it's that good!?  The apps I need are not
> included w/ubunto or kubuntu or via apt, either, for that matter.

The standard way to install packages using a Debian based distro is
with a group of programs under the APT banner.  There are graphical
front ends for this, one of which is synaptic.  One of the things
synaptic allows is to change the repositories where the packages are
stored.  If you haven't done this yet, most of the things you want
are in the 'universe' and 'multiverse' repositories.

Is this too basic or do you need more help?  To save time go to the
Kubuntu forum and there are many threads on updating the file that
holds the listing of repositories.  If you prefer this list, then ask
for the next step.

Merv

--
Merv Curley