fglrx drivers

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 16:23:00 UTC 2006

Ok, I've followed every doc and howto I can find.  However, even though the
madwifi drivers now work, I cannot get the ATI native drivers to load and
drive my video.

I have a 9100 ATI Radeon AGP card that uses shared memory in my Toshiba
Laptop.
If anyone has any ideas or tricks I can try before I post up my logs as they
are now, I'll try 'em.

I have tried the wiki's instructions, and the forum thread on using the native
drivers from ATI.  I have all of it downloaded, so if someone can tell me
something extra to try along with those I'll go through them again.

Note using Google I found the following links to howtos:
https://wiki.ubuntulinux.org/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI (just using the basic
instructions from this one for now in the Ubuntu provided section).

I have also looked through the Ubuntu forum on Linuxquestions.org
I found one thread with a person who has similar problems, and will be trying
the solutions found there until I hear better from this group.

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

Christian Books On-Line http://risenbooks.com