app.

john levin technolalia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:55:39 UTC 2006

Hi Tamás

On 18 Jan 2006, at 18:59, Tamás Kiss wrote:

> Hi! I am totally new and interested in installing kubuntu to a g4
> apple iBook. I would be glad for any help - like which part of the
> archive contains some info, or where to turn on the net. I guess
> it's important: i would like to have only kubuntu on my comp.
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Tamás
>
> Ps.: I know it is a hard work - because i never used linux - but i
> have time.

Difficult to know where to start; can you be more precise with what
you want help with?

May I suggest you download the stable live cd from this page:
http://cdimage.ubuntulinux.org/kubuntu/releases/breezy/release/
then boot up into it by holding the c key when you turn the computer on

That way, you'll get to use kubuntu without installing, and make sure
everything works.
(To the best of my knowledge, everything on a g4 ibook should work,
except the airport express card, should you have one, and possibly
the modem (not sure about that).

Any problems, come back to the list and we'll try to help you out.

John