no PC speaker

Raphael Bauduin rblists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 13:52:44 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've installed Kubuntu on a recent laptop, and everything works fine,
except for the PC speaker.... The most annoying thing is that I don't
get audio warning when the battery is nearly empty as that goes
through the speaker.....

I tried with xset and setterm, but to no avail.....

The speaker works (if booting in an old knoppix, I get the speaker
working), and even during the boot process of my Kubuntu install I can
get speaker sounds.

I guess there's something obvious I'm missing, thanks for pointing out ;-)

Raph