What's a "Desktop?"

bruce bbales at cox.net
Sat Jan 14 16:59:13 UTC 2006

Thanks for the help, Kelly.  It wasn't the filesystem I didn't need.  I
was objecting to the name "Filesystem" appearing when I wanted to save
a file.  Of course it would be saved in the filesystem.  Probably in my
home directory somewhere.  Probably not on my desktop, although if I
save to desktop, I see that it puts an icon on my desktop.  That might
be useful, but if I want to grep -i "charlie" from that file, where is
it?

I guess I'd better get used to it.
bruce