problems with system services

Albert albert at pensament.net
Sat Jan 7 19:31:47 UTC 2006

Hi all:

1) Apache: Which of all the /etc/rcX.d or /etc/init.d scripts is in control of
the apache web server? There are K and S entries for it. Is this explained
somewhere?

2) The System Settings / System Services: I'm getting the error message:

"The module System Services could not be loaded.

The diagnostic is:

Possible reasons:
- An error occurred during your last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned control
module
- you have old third party modules lying around.

Check these points carefully and try to remove the module mentioned in the
error message. If this fails, consider contacting yoru distributor or
packager."

The problem being, I have no idea on how to delete/reinstall the System
Services module.

Albert

--
Albert Cardona