(no subject)

jbuck814366460 at aol.com jbuck814366460 at aol.com
Thu Feb 23 11:03:52 UTC 2006

Hi all -

I just started using Kubuntu today and really like it, it works better
than
some distros i've tried before.  Need a little help here tho.

I am recompiling gcc so that it will enable support for ALL languages,
but the
gcc website says you need to compile in a directory different from the
directory where the sources are.

the commands I've tried are as follows:

mkdir installdirectory
cd installdirectory
gcc-4.0.2/./configure --enable-languages=all

but this didn't work since it said "no such file or directory".

Can someone tell me the commands i need to use in Konsole to make a
directory
to compile the sources in, then switch to the compilation directory and
compile the gcc code in this directory?  i'm stumped.

Jared