grub gui

David A' Rebel obsidion at xtra.co.nz
Tue Feb 21 18:38:24 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 01:41, Stratos Laspas wrote:
> Javier wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Is there any kde/qt front end for configuring grub? A friend of mine
> > using kubuntu asked me but I didn't find anything.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Javier
>
> I believe that there's a webmin module for grub. I've never used it (and
> it's not kde/qt specific), but it may work for your friend
>
> Stratos

  I think it's really one of those situations where your friend needs to get
his/her hands dirty. Grub really is best configured from the cli. The config
file or the way it acts at bootup anyway is found in /boot/grub/menu.lst.
It's very self explanatory and can be altered with sudo
editor /boot/grub/menu.lst