selecting GRUB option for next reboot

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun Dec 31 20:15:49 GMT 2006

D. Michael McIntyre wrote:

> On Friday 29 December 2006 11:41 am, Derek Broughton wrote:
>
>> It does, but it's nowhere near as simple as LILO.  Unfortunately.
>
> Nothing ever is.  I never really have gotten comfortable with GRUB.  It's
> supposed to be all powerful and marvelously fantastabulous or something,

Well, it's more powerful & versatile - I've long ago stopped using lilo,
because I'm far less likely to b0rk my boot setup on a kernel upgrade with
grub than I used to be with lilo (only really matters if you're
self-compiling kernels).  lilo has simplicity going for it :-)

> but I can't figure out how to get any of the higher end capabilities to
> work. Sure you can just type some stuff at the boot thingie, if you can
> remember
> the syntax without an internet to refer to.  Bah.

It only takes a year or two to get used to it!
--
derek