Kubuntu KFA

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sat Dec 30 00:42:24 UTC 2006

On Friday 29 December 2006 12:56 pm, Derek Broughton wrote:

> > On the bright side, GRUB went away, and now I only have the use of half
> > of my hard drive.
>
> Not a serious problem.  Just search the archives of this lists - I know

Oh yeah, I know.  I fixed it.  I just thought that was spectacularly helpful
of Windows.

Not.

Bleah.  It's interesting seeing Windows after all this time.  It gets some
things right, some things wrong, and a lot of things just annoyingly
different, but basically the same.

Plus for Windows, the software I couldn't get to run under WINE, and watching
Youtube with the video actually synchronized to the audio.  Lots of stupid
web content stuff is working that I never saw work before, which is sort of
interesting.

On balance though, none of that glitzy froo froo is worth putting up with
having every other thing you click offer to take your money to buy some
stupid new dongle.  It's a lot worse now than it was at the turn of the
century.  Or maybe five years of beer free software just spoiled me and made
me a cheap bastard.

Either way...
--
D. Michael McIntyre