Kubuntu KFA

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Fri Dec 29 15:47:28 UTC 2006

On Friday 29 December 2006 7:25 am, Grumpy_Penguin wrote:
> Whenever I have to use a Winblows system I feel like someone who has been
> flying an F-16 and all of a sudden they demote me to a 73 Yugo with bald
> tires

I know the feeling.  I really wish I didn't have any use for it.

The last problem was kind of a Debian gotcha.  The update-grub or whatever
script that finds your kernels and other OSes put an entry for what is
apparently a recovery partition.  I booted that, which is what unwound all
the work I had spent trying to make Windows less of a pile of crap.  Not very
helpful.

I need to read up on how to override the defaults so I can still use the auto
updater while maintaining some custom changes, if that is possible.
Otherwise, so far, so good.  I'm still impressed that the wireless flummy is
working.

Now I just have to tweak it up a bit with a real kernel and such, and I guess
I have my first Linux laptop with no grey hair at all.

--
D. Michael McIntyre