Kontact questions

Larry Hartman larryhartman50 at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 28 00:40:34 UTC 2006

I have learned that having KMail set up to run as tray icon saps some
processor performance.  As I was learning what all of the various programs in
the KDE menus do, I discovered a handy little program called Korn--its sole
function is to sit in your system tray and check your mail, when you get new
mail it notifies you, and you can set it up to open Kmail if you click on the
Korn icon in the system tray.  My bootup time has been tangibly reduced.
Just a suggestion.