OOo and smb

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 06:27:31 UTC 2006

Chris Miller wrote:
> I wasn't aware it didn't work.  Are there any other more detailed
> symptoms you can give me?  So far I have two mysterious black boxes in
> my head with a beige Cat5e cable strung between them suspended in the
> swirling mists of my mind's eye (on the familar, soft velvety black
> backdrop).
>
> On 12/26/06, Michael W. Holdeman <lists at ptfd.org> wrote:
>> I srill must solve this issue, How can I get OOo to open and save files on smb
>> shares?
>>
>> I have installed openoffice-gnome nd gnome-vfs, but still no go?
>>
>> Mike
The problem is with Win2003 boxes, Chris. I am the one who tipped about
the gnome-vfs that I have had working before. Ooo only opens in
read-only on Win2003 shares unless you trick it by using cifs instead of
smb or load the gnome-vfs that does not have the problem.

Mike - I am home on Xmas leave, when I get back in office I will do a
proper check on the boxes I have working.

Sinclair