Kontact questions

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 03:03:35 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 27 December 2006 6:40 pm, Larry Hartman wrote:
> I have learned that having KMail set up to run as tray icon saps some
> processor performance.  As I was learning what all of the various programs
> in the KDE menus do, I discovered a handy little program called Korn--its
> sole function is to sit in your system tray and check your mail, when you
> get new mail it notifies you, and you can set it up to open Kmail if you
> click on the Korn icon in the system tray.  My bootup time has been
> tangibly reduced. Just a suggestion.

Yes, I've noticed it soaks up the processor on boot time.  Takes a horribly
long time to boot thanks to kontact starting up on boot.
I may look into korn.  I've avoided it because I thought it would need to be
setup with all the account info, but I must overcome laziness =D.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.