Access to repositories

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sat Dec 23 22:55:41 UTC 2006

On Saturday 23 December 2006 4:04 pm, Maynard Wright wrote:

> I reinstalled Kubuntu from scratch and the results are the same.
>
> Any thoughts?

Changing sources.list doesn't update the package lists.

It looks like you want to Adept -> Fetch Updates and go from there, but I am
just guessing.  I don't actually use any graphical package managers, being a
dinosaur.

If all else fails, you can edit sources.list, then

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

which will get you completely up to date with all the latest versions of
packages in the repository.  From there, you can install missing applications
on an as-needed basis, probably even using the graphical tools like Adept and
Synaptic.  Definitely with apt-get and aptitude.

--
D. Michael McIntyre