Printing pictures

Juha Sandberg jh_sandberg at
Sun Dec 24 00:40:14 GMT 2006

There's one more very good solution for printing pictures in Kubuntu, and it's Open Office. First I download pictures from camera via usb with Digikam. Then I edit them with Digikam or Gimp, if necessary, and saving them somewhere I want. Then in Open Office Word Processor I open the picture, and there, resizing is very easy by dragging with mouse. And there's many changes to setup printerdriver before printing. My printer is HP6540, and  I've been satisfied quality of pictures doing like this. Even this isn't very professional way, I prompt you to try it!

----- Original Message ----
From: Michael Satterwhite <michael at>
To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at>
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 2:53:56 AM
Subject: Printing pictures

In Ubuntu / Kubuntu, what program do you recommend for printing
pictures. e.g. If I have a jpg taken from my digital camera (I use a
flash card reader) and want to print it to a 4x6 (possibly without white
margins) on my HP 5440, what is the best package for this?

Thanks in advance

kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users at
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: