Foreign words

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdevon.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 09:41:51 UTC 2006

D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On Monday 18 December 2006 6:28 pm, anthony baldwin wrote:
>

>> Set your keyboard layout to US-Intl.
>> That´s what I use, and I write in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
>> ¿ é ö û ç ñ à, etc., etc., are all quite easy to type.
>>

> I use the Spanish layout, since I don't need Portuguese, and it covers Spanish
> and French very nicely, and switch back and forth, because the US
> International layout drives me up the wall.
>
> Anyway, I haven't seen this spelled out very clearly yet.  If you don't want
> to fool with an alternative keyboard layout, there are two more friendly
> options.  If you want to dig through *all* the characters, you can use
> KCharSelect from the Utilities menu, which allows you to find characters and
> copy them to the clipboard.  If you have a handful of things you use fairly
> often, you can put them on the "Character Selector" taskbar applet.  I keep
> the © and ® there, for example.

This last item appears to be something that I could use. I didn't know
about the character selector applet, but I have now put it on the
taskbar. I would want only a handful of characters so this should do for
me. BUT, although I have found out how to put an individual character
into my text (middle mouse button) I can't find out how to add extra
ones to the sub-set. Can anyone tell me please?

Neil Winchurst