Foreign words

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Tue Dec 19 04:08:56 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 December 2006 6:28 pm, anthony baldwin wrote:

> Set your keyboard layout to US-Intl.
> That´s what I use, and I write in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
> ¿ é ö û ç ñ à, etc., etc., are all quite easy to type.

I use the Spanish layout, since I don't need Portuguese, and it covers Spanish
and French very nicely, and switch back and forth, because the US
International layout drives me up the wall.

Anyway, I haven't seen this spelled out very clearly yet.  If you don't want
to fool with an alternative keyboard layout, there are two more friendly
options.  If you want to dig through *all* the characters, you can use
KCharSelect from the Utilities menu, which allows you to find characters and
copy them to the clipboard.  If you have a handful of things you use fairly
often, you can put them on the "Character Selector" taskbar applet.  I keep
the © and ® there, for example.

--
D. Michael McIntyre