problems w/ sound on Kubuntu (edgy)

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Tue Dec 19 13:57:48 GMT 2006

jjesse at jjesse-laptop:~$ sudo lsmod | grep snd
snd_atiixp             21388  0
snd_atiixp_modem       17800  0
snd_ac97_codec         97696  2 snd_atiixp,snd_atiixp_modem
snd_ac97_bus            3456  1 snd_ac97_codec
snd_pcm_oss            47360  0
snd_mixer_oss          19584  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm                84612  4
snd_atiixp,snd_atiixp_modem,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_timer              25348  1 snd_pcm
snd                    58372  7
snd_atiixp,snd_atiixp_modem,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore              11232  1 snd
snd_page_alloc         11400  3 snd_atiixp,snd_atiixp_modem,snd_pcm
jjesse at jjesse-laptop:~$

> On 12/19/06, Jonathan Jesse <jjesse at iserv.net> wrote:
>> I rebooted again to see if that was the problem and the reboot didn't
>> solve the problem.
>
> Maybe shutdown completely and boot again might do it?
>
>> How would I go about determining if my driver modules
>> aren't loaded?
>
> This should give you all relevant sound modules loaded on your system:
> sudo lsmod | grep snd
>
>> Also why would it just happen like this out of the blue?
>
> Indeed this is weird.
>
> Also, can you give us the output of lspci and lsusb, so we can find
> out which drivers to load?
>
> Thanks,
> Hervé.

Jonathan Jesse