Foreign words

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon Dec 18 19:16:04 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 December 2006 13:24, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 18/12/06, Art Alexion <art.alexion at verizon.net> wrote:
> > I don't think he needs help entering the characters, but rather getting
> > his spellchecker to recognize them correctly.
> >
> > I can sympathize.  I use US-English dictionary.  The correct spelling is
> > Café, but my spellchecker says that is wrong and wants cafe, which is
> > wrong.  Same with résumé vs. resume.  Résumé is a curriculum vitae;
> > resume means to start again.
> >
> > It's annoying.
>
> I don't think that he's talking about a spell checker, rather, how to
> actually enter the characters. you need to add the correct keyboard in
> Kcontrol (assuming KDE). Then you can shift-space to switch languages.

If that is the case, and he is using them only occasionally, I suggest
enabling "compose key" I assigned the windows key as the compose_key.  Now I
can enter é by typing in sequence win_key+e+'.  § is win_key+s+o.  Google
compose key.  I don't have the URL right now, but there are two really good
pages about this, both setting up and using.  If you need the URLs, write
back and I will look them up again and post them.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @