Foreign words

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon Dec 18 17:56:30 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 December 2006 12:06, Simone wrote:
> Neil Winchurst ha scritto:

> > I am wondering how to get the correct spelling of some foreign words
> > that need an accent, eg words like cafe, fiancee which really need an
> > accent on the letter e. I can manage fine in OO writer but how about an
> > email client? Or how about when I am writing a blog in a browser? Can
> > anyone help please?
>
> If you search on the OOo writer help, you can find a guide to write
> these special char under Linux. If you can't find it, read this link:
>
> http://www.3till7.net/2005/12/28/non-english-characters-in-linux/

I don't think he needs help entering the characters, but rather getting his
spellchecker to recognize them correctly.

I can sympathize.  I use US-English dictionary.  The correct spelling is Café,
but my spellchecker says that is wrong and wants cafe, which is wrong.  Same
with résumé vs. resume.  Résumé is a curriculum vitae; resume means to start
again.

It's annoying.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net