KDE shortcuts

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 17:26:44 UTC 2006

On 18/12/06, nutchanat sattayakawee <diiar at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I actually use CTRL-Space to switch between langauges.
> You can also try this because CTRL and Space are the
> same in every langauge keyboard. You can configure
> that in System Settings -> Keyboard &
> Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Global shortcuts and go
> to last line (Switch to next keyboard layout). This
> shortcut will only allow you to switch to next
> keyboard but it doesn't turn round to the beginning
> when there is no more keyboard layout. If you want
> that it turns round, you have to configure you KDE
> Keyboard Tool by right clicking on the flag of
> language on the system tray. Click Configure.->
> Switching options. Enable sticky switching.
>
> I'm not sure if that's what you want.
> Hope this helps.
> Diiar

Thanks, Diiar, I also use ctrl-space to switch languages. That's not
what I need. I want ctrl-[C key] to be copy no matter what language
I'm in.

Foe example, in MS word, in Hebrew I can type ctrl-נ and the text
becomes bold, just like ctrl-B. That's because the letter נ shares a
key with B. I'd like this functionality in my KDE apps as well.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/636/warrant.php
http://nanir.com