Compiling drivers

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Mon Dec 18 16:35:36 UTC 2006

On Sunday 17 December 2006 20:45, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from "D. Michael McIntyre" <michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com> who wrote:

> > Not managed to run the config yet, but I notice I am advised to:
> >       Step 4. Edit your /etc/modules.conf or conf.modules depending on
> > the
> >
> > Where the hell is modules.conf or conf.modules ?
>
> Advised by what?

By the compile / install instructions given on the Linux drivers CD that came
with the new motherboard.

Stupid of me, I know, I have been trying to follow instructions, since I know
I dont know enough to do otherwise.

> Install the "modconf" utility, if it's not already installed, and use that
> to install your module.  Please ignore generic "edit /etc/modules.conf"
> instructions you find out there on the web, and use modconf instead.

When they are the only instructions I have, ....

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                     It is impossible to defend perfectly
                 against the attack of those who want to die.