Understanding files in /home/user

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sun Dec 17 17:25:17 UTC 2006

On Saturday 16 December 2006 09:50, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Thanks, John. That cleared some things up for me. Anybody else have
> any info on the others?

They are each per-user configuration files.  If you need to know more about
individual files, google might be your friend (often it just returns a sample
of the file itself), some of them have their own man page, and sometimes just
looking at them answers your question.  I would definitely back them up if
saving your customized configuration is a concern to you.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @