firefox crashing

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Dec 17 17:07:50 UTC 2006

On Sunday 17 December 2006 09:26, Harold Hartley wrote:
>Scott Kitterman wrote:

>>> It works very well on my desktop with flash and java.
>>> If it works fine on my desktop with kubuntu 6.10 then my laptop
>>> should work the same way, but it does not.
>>> Oh BTW, I didn't have flash on my laptop at the time.
>>
>> OK.  Then I don't know.  That's the only source of FF instability I've
>> noticed.
>>
>> Scott K.
>
>I believe its the version of flash.
>The web sites are using the newer type of flash and we're still using
>version 7.
>I think they new to release the flash 9 for linux even though it hasn't
>been released yet.
>I'd use it even in beta for flash 9.
>Does anyone have a link to the flash 9.

I googled for 'linux flash player 9', and it appears its out of beta now.
The link to labs.adobe.com for it was about 4 or 5 down from the top of
the list google returned.  Unfortunately, the link to the full 9 release,
when clicked on, links to FP7, not FP9 even though the text in the link
says its flash player 9, but with a 9*.  Down at the bottom, in greyed
out text, it says *for winderz & macs.  So I just backed out to the
initial page at <http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/> and
grabbed the beta via the top link.

Installed, it has been stable so far and I've hit several sites using
anims without problems.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)