Midnight Commander session in Konsole as root

Garry Knight garryknight at gmx.net
Sat Dec 16 16:40:32 UTC 2006

If I select "New Root Midnight Commander" in mc's Session menu, a shell
opens in a new tab, asking for a password. I enter the password (at the
moment, my user password is the same as root's), mc thinks about it for a
second or two, then the tab closes. In other words, no root mc session.

Of course, I can just start a new root shell and enter 'mc', but that
defeats the object of having it in the session list (not to mention the
extra typing).

I'm using Midnight Commander 4.6.1, Konsole 1.6.5, KDE 3.5.5, Kubuntu 6.06
LTS, if it makes a difference.

--
Garry Knight
garryknight at gmx.net