installing software to places like /usr/local

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Fri Dec 15 07:11:46 GMT 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 12:26 am, Daniel Pittman wrote:

> Note: this is not a good idea; suitable packages for the Java runtimes
> exist in Ubuntu as documented here:

Just to note, in my defense, I still had the Sun Java thingie in ~ from when I
was running Debian.  It was the first time I ever saw Java actually work in
many years of Linux, so I just left it alone when I switched to Kubuntu.

I'm glad to hear there is an official Kubuntu Way(tm) to do this.

--
D. Michael McIntyre