How to configure Konqueror for / ?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 14 14:38:15 UTC 2006

I apologize for my oversight in not explaining my findings.  It's
especially unforgivable because I hate it when others do this.

First the thread that helped me was
konqueror not displaying all folders (edgy) in October 2006.

Konqueror _seems_ to have two distinct modes as a File Browser or Web
Browser selected in Settings -> Load View Profile -> Kubuntu File
Manager or Kubuntu Web.

Make sure File Manager is selected.

Use F9 to bring up a side menu with a column of icons on the left and a
column of folders to the right of that starting with Home Folder and
including all folders in the home directory.  I think you have to do
something else to show hidden files that start with a dot.

The Home Folder is selected with an icon on the left side that looks
like a little house.  However, down near the bottom of the left side
icons is one that looks like a file folder and says Root Folder.

Selecting Root Folder changes the column of folders to those in the /
directory in a form easy to browse with the mouse.

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux