Strange behaviour

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Thu Dec 14 15:00:04 UTC 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 09:03, Nathan Eckenrode wrote:
> On Thursday 14 December 2006 06:44, nutchanat sattayakawee wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I also have the same errors as Art Alexion. However, when I deleted the
> > entires of "wacom", I didn't have this error message BUT kubuntu couldn't
> > find my data files in fat32 partitition anymore.  So I just leave the
> > errors as before. Can anyone explain what the "wacom" driver for?
>
> The wacom drivers are to incorporate using a pen stylus and tablet as an
> input device which the best and most popular are made by a company called
> Wacom. They are very helpful for a natural freehand drawing action rather
> than using a mouse which is clumsy and awkward when it comes to artistic
> drawing.

OK. But I suspect that 98% or more Kubuntu users don't use one.  (Sorry folks,
but Kubuntu would not be my distro of choice for creating graphics.)  So why
not comment out the driver by default to avoid errors for the overwhelming
majority of users who don't have the tablet installed?

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @